• question-icon

Suggest treatment for acne on the face

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi. I'm a 29 year old woman. I've always had problems with pimples but after a spat of outbursts, they used to subside for a few weeks. However, lately I've been having a continuous outburst of pimples. I've consulted with a dermatologist and she gave me the following prescription
1 . spongy Sal foamy face
2.acnemoist cream
3. Uv skin XXXXXXX sunscreen gel
4. Deriva cms gel

I have a few questions.
1. Since my skin gets dry after washing it, is it OK to use the moist cream first and apply the sunscreen over it
2. Again, my skin gets very dry after washing it. If I'm to put the deriva cms gel at night, is it OK to use cream first
3. Is it natural for the skin to become dry and flaky? My skin burns a lot. Today I couldn't take the burning sensation so I used some Nivea moisturizing cream on my face. As soon as the lotion touched my skin these was very painful burning sensation. Is thus normal?
4.*do I need to take some oral medication too?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acnemoist followed by sunscreen, Deriva CMS can be applied on the lotion

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints as well as reviewed the attached photographs.
You can apply the acnemoist lotion first followed by application of the sunscreen over it.
At night also you can use the acnemoist lotion first followed by application of Deriva CMS gel.
Its normal for the skin to become dry and flaky after using spongy sal foamy facewash and Deriva CMS gel but it shouldn't be causing too much of discomfort or burning.
I would recommend you to stop using the facewash for sometime as it is causing too much dryness and burning.
Instead use a mild facewash like cetaphil cleansing lotion for sensitive skin or facecare facewash.
Also apply deriva CMS gel in very minute amounts on the conedones and pimples as it also causes dryness and irritation.
You can take oral doxycycline 100 mg once daily to stop the breakouts but it is a prescription drug and should be taken under the supervision of a doctor.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist