Suggest remedies for dry skin

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello,

My skin type is dry to normal.. Please suggest me a good sunscreen and skin routine for my skin. I am a vegetarian.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Skin routine for dry to normal skin type

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar(Dermatologist and Cosmetologist). I have noted your concern.
You may use a gentle cleansing lotion for face wash, twice daily e.g Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion
For the day I would recommend either a cream or a lotion based broad spectrum sunscreen for you e.g Ansolar sunscreen(50SPF) Or Suncros soft sunscreen lotion(50SPF) Or UV AVO PRO (50SPF) or any other good brand of sunscreen. Reapply sunscreen every 2-3 hours, throughout the day.
At night, after cleansing, you may use an exfoliating and moisturizing cream - that with contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids like glycolic acid Or lactic acid e.g Glyco -6 Or Glyco - A (12%) cream. This would keep your skin hydrated as well as younger looking by delaying the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 17 hours later
Thanks for your reply doctor.
1.And I have some open pores in my face near nose area.. So what can I do for that..
2. I go to gym regularly and i heard that I should bath in XXXXXXX warm water after gym. Is it true?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Regarding Skin care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you

Skin pore size depends on the skin type - oily skin has wider pores as compared to dry skin. Although it is not possible to alter the pore size permanently, however, the gycolic acid cream that I suggested in my earlier reply for night application would also work to tighten skin pores, if used regularly.

You may use lukewarm water or normal water depending on the weather in your area.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist