Suggest Treatment For Acne On The Face
Welcome to HCM....
I read history and saw the photo you posted..
You seem to have acne vulgaris and acne pustulosa. Acne is a multifactorial skin disease with genetic and hormonal influence. Stress,anxiety,physical activity, dandruff,exposure to sun,hormonal imbalance,drugs like steroid,oily food..etc factors might precipitate or exacerbate the disease. You are right... Hormonal imbalance may be responsible for sudden rise in acne lesions.You consult the dermatologist to have proper treatment. However, I would suggest...
- antibiotic like monocycline 50 mg daily in the morning on empty stomach
- zinc sulphate tablet 200 mg daily at night
- vitamin C 1000 mg daily at night
- apply clindamycin gel on the lesions
- cleanse the face with cetaphil lotion thrice a da
- avoid and take care of triggering factors
- have patience
I hope this would help you.
Dr.Ilyas Patel MD