How can a pill stuck in the throat be removed?
also when I take my next pill can I open the capsule and take it with food?
Thanks for posting your query.
If you feel like you have the pill stuck in your throat despite your preparation, eat a piece of food that has a large volume yet is easy to swallow. This will help push the pill downward. Roll a soft piece of bread into a ball and eat it, but first make sure that your medication is compatible with food.
Swallow a thick drink to help push the pill down if you still have a sticky sensation. A liquid thicker than water, like orange juice or a milkshake, can get rid of the unpleasant sensation once you've swallowed the pill.
Things You'll Need
Talk to your doctor if you still have trouble swallowing pills, even with food or thick liquids. He may be able to prescribe a liquid version of the medication so you can still take your medicine correctly and effectively.
You can take tab form of clindamycin.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pill stuck in throat
- Pill stuck in throat treatment
- How to get rid of pill stuck in throat
- Pill stuck in throat glands
- Fiber pill stuck in throat
- Pill stuck in throat esophagus
- How to remove stuck rice on throat
- Staple stuck in throat how to remove
- How to remove fish scales stuck in throat
- Pill stuck in throat feeling
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?