How can a pill stuck in the throat be removed?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
what should I do I have a clindamycin capsule stuck in my throat? I've tried hot tea, applesauce, its still stuck and very painful.
also when I take my next pill can I open the capsule and take it with food?
Wed, 16 May 2018 in Accident and Emergency

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail below.

Detailed Answer:
If you feel like you have the pill stuck in your throat despite your preparation, eat a piece of food that has a large volume yet is easy to swallow. This will help push the pill downward. Roll a soft piece of bread into a ball and eat it, but first make sure that your medication is compatible with food.
Swallow a thick drink to help push the pill down if you still have a sticky sensation. A liquid thicker than water, like orange juice or a milkshake, can get rid of the unpleasant sensation once you've swallowed the pill.

Things You'll Need
Water
Juice
Bread
Tips
Talk to your doctor if you still have trouble swallowing pills, even with food or thick liquids. He may be able to prescribe a liquid version of the medication so you can still take your medicine correctly and effectively.
You can take tab form of clindamycin.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal