question-icon

Suggest treatment for accidental ingestion of harpic solution

Posted on Wed, 11 May 2016
Question: Hi, I took harpic out of hypertension. Due to some issues. I am unable to swallow and I do not have any hospital near by. Suggest me some remedy and I didn't swallow the liquid. Please help me out.
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda (8 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Gargling with cold water and antiallergic or anti inflammatory drug

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX
Welcome to health care magic and thanks for posting to us.

Here, I would like to know how much quantity of herpic you have consumed
Are you having burning sensation in throat, nausea or vomiting?

I would advise you to find out nearest emergency medical care set up if you have consumed it in large quantity.

Meanwhile you can gargle with cold water and take antiallergic & anti inflammatory drug like paracetamol to remove throat discomfort

I would also advise you to take antiacidity medicine like pantoprazole or ranitidine group of drugs with antacids to counter gastritis

Please write back to me with these details, I have asked so that I will be able to tell you more precisely
waiting for your reply
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. BR Hudda