question-icon

Suggest treatment for accidental consumption of Listerine mouth wash

default
Posted on Mon, 1 Jun 2015
Question: My daughter has swallowed about 5 ml of listerine mouthwash ? Is it serious, do i need to take any immediate action ?
doctor
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (2 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Need not worry, Observe

Detailed Answer:
Hi,

Thanks for your query.

Need not worry, swallowing Listerine mouthwash does not harm your kid. There may occur mild gastric discomfort and even at times vomiting once or twice which is not serious.

If there is vomiting more than 2 times then do rush to the ER.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Raju A.T

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 4289 Questions

premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Suggest treatment for accidental consumption of Listerine mouth wash

Brief Answer: Need not worry, Observe Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Need not worry, swallowing Listerine mouthwash does not harm your kid. There may occur mild gastric discomfort and even at times vomiting once or twice which is not serious. If there is vomiting more than 2 times then do rush to the ER. Hope, I answered your query. Wish you good health. Regards,