Suggest treatment for a tear in the scrotum
Please find details below
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Sorry to hear about the tear in scrotum. Hope the bleeding was not much ans wish you a quick recovery.
2. Hope the testes are safe. If there is severe swelling and increasing pain in scrotum then you must consult a doctor immediately and get an ultrasound scan of testis done to confirm absence of serious injury.
3. In the absence of serious injury, it can be treated with application of antiseptic ointment neosporin or soframycin bought from the pharmacy containing bactericidal is a good remedy to avoid infection in the area. However to keep it clear, you might like to wash your genital area with warm water twice a day and then proceed with application of the ointment.
4. It is suggested that you wear loose inner clothes made of cotton. This will prevent sweat formation and that reduces the chance of an infection. It will also prevent the sharp pain due to unintentional contact of the wound with tight inner clothes. Please do not touch the wound with unclean hands and touch it only when you are giving it a was and applying ointment.
5. The wound might develop a scar during healing. In most people the healing scar is not a problem but can take two weeks.
6. Please avoid sex for few weeks and when you start having sex again, please use a lot of lubricants and take it slowly and have sexual intercourse in a gentle way. Violent and rough sex should be avoided till it heals completely.
7. Should there be any bleeding, pus formation or discharge from the wound then it might indicate infection and please consult your doctor immediately for a short course of antibiotics.
Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itching and redness near scrotum suggest the treatment
- Treatment of pimple on scrotum
- Treatment for loose scrotum
- Dermatitis on scrotum treatment
- Suggest treatment for itchy blisters on hands and scrotum
- Treatment of vitiligo scrotum
- Suggest treatment for burning and itching scrotum
- Treatment for saggy scrotum
- Treatment for a cut to the scrotum
- Treatment for wounds on the scrotum