Suggest treatment for URTI, cough, redness in throat and congestion
oral antihistamine/decongestant combination, may need nasal spray
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic
Post nasal drip of mucus is a common cause of intermittent sore throat so it could definitely be contributing to your problem.
Using a oral decongestant/antihistamine combination may help (eg allegra d, claritine d, zyrtec d). These would be over the counter.
If on its own, this is not enough then nasal sprays may be needed eg nasonex, nasocort, flonase, rhinocort.
The spray may require a prescription if it is needed.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Soar throat congestion blood
- Mucinex for throat congestion
- Levocet for throat congestion
- Diagnosis of throat congestion
- Treatment and cure for throat congestion
- Symptoms of throat congestion
- Throat congestion causes
- Dry cough throat congestion what to do
- Throat congestion mucus formation dry nose need treatment
- Throat congestion cough what is wrong