Suggest treatment for E.coli cystitis
Culture and sensitivity test
Dear XXXX, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns. usually E.Coli cystitis is treated by fluoroquinolones or nitrofurantoin.. but it is better to take a urine sample ( early morning, mid stream urine sample) and culture it. then undergo a sensitivity test to detect which particular antibiotic the bacteria causing your infection is sensitive to.. this increases the success of the treatment. I hope I answered your question. If you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion and rate the answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is ceftin used in the treatment of cystitis ?
- Antibiotics for cystitis treatment
- Is gantrisin used in the treatment of cystitis ?
- Over the counter cystitis treatments
- Xolair treatment for interstitial cystitis
- Treatment of bullous cystitis
- Natural treatment of interstitial cystitis
- Haemorrhagic cystitis treatment
- Non bacterial cystitis treatment
- Is suprax used in the treatment of cystitis ?