question-icon

Suggest treatment for E.coli cystitis

Posted on Fri, 3 Feb 2017
Question: what antibiotics use to kill the e.coli bacteria in the bladder.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman (43 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Culture and sensitivity test

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns. usually E.Coli cystitis is treated by fluoroquinolones or nitrofurantoin.. but it is better to take a urine sample ( early morning, mid stream urine sample) and culture it. then undergo a sensitivity test to detect which particular antibiotic the bacteria causing your infection is sensitive to.. this increases the success of the treatment. I hope I answered your question. If you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion and rate the answer.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman