Can Fluoroquinolones cause nerve damage?
Yes they can, please read below
Dear Sir, I have gone through your question and I can understand your concerns...
Yes, Fluoroquinolones are reported to cause sudden severe and sometimes permanent peripheral neuropathy,
while Biaxin is reported to cause deafness in elderly.
Using verapamil and Biaxin together can lower your blood pressure and slow your heart rate. This can cause a slow heartbeat, headaches, dizziness, or feeling like you might pass out.
I would recommend that you refer to your doctor if you have any of these symptoms. You may need a dose adjustment or need your blood pressure checked more often..
I hope I answered your question.
Feel free to ask further.
I am just going to stop the verampil temporaly since I have to take the biaxin for a month. I only take 40 mg twice a day, and only for migraine prevention, not for blood pressure and I have stopped taking it before, since it's such a low dose it is very easy to just stop.
I already took my 1st biaxin pill today though, is the low bp and hr something to worry about after taking just 1 biaxin? Or not really ?
like I said i am on the verampil currently but am going to stop it from now out until I am done with the biaxin. It doesn't help with migraines anyways.....
how long does verapamil take to get out of system on only 40mg x 2. a day or 2 ?
No need to worry
Dear Sir, 70% of verapamil is eliminated within 24 hours..while the remaining 30% take about 5 days to be excreted .. so it won't be expected to affect your blood pressure since you will be taking an additional doses. I hope you find this helpful. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion.