Suggest treatment for Becker's nevus
I want to get it removed very desperately for personal reasons, I need to know if there is any treatment.
Becker's Nevus responds to Laser therapy
Welcome to the site with your query.
I am Dr V XXXXXXX Sr Dermatologist.
I have noted your concerns. I would help you find a solution to the problem
This problem is due to presence of excessive pigment in the affected area. In dermatological science, the best treatment option that is available for its removal and that too safely, is Laser treatment.
It is generally an office procedure and requires little prior preparation and insignificant rest afterwards.
Other treatments that were used in the past have now become obsolete and included topical medications and use of chemicals over the affected surface.
I hope this information will help you take a good decision.
Let me know if I can help further.
Best wishes always.
I'd like to know how many sessions will it take, what is the duration between each session and what kind of results can I expect? Is it expensive?
As its on my left side of chest does laser have any effects on heart?
Multiple sittings may be needed
Good to receive your queries.
The number of sessions and the interval between them vary from case to case, being dependent on several factors like depth of pigmentation and area involved among such determinants.
In general, two to three sittings might be needed over a period of one to two months. However, the actual details can only be discussed by the attending doctor.
One can expect recovery in the range of 60-90%. Once again I would state that it depends on so many factors that exact magnitude cannot be predetermined. Cost varies with individual case and might start at INR 5,000 for a small patch.
Having the treatable area on left side of chest does not interfere with heart functions at any stage of life.
I will be happy to answer your further queries, should you feel like.
Best wishes, always!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nevus anemicus treatment
- Is there a treatment for speckled lentiginous nevus
- Natural treatments for beckers nevus
- Treatment and cure for atypical nevus
- Treatment and cure for spitz nevus
- Health token treatment becker nevus
- Treatment and cure for nevus
- Treatment and cure for becker's nevus
- Laser treatment beckers nevus
- Becker nevus syndrome treatment tattoo
- Suggest treatment for severe hair fall
- Suggest treatment for hard pimple on back
- Suggest remedy for non-itchy red dots on different parts of body
- Suggest treatment for red itchy bumps, itchy dry scalp and psoriasis
- Suggest treatment for painful lumps in the armpit
- Suggest treatment for bump on index finger
- How to remove sun tan from face and neck?
- Suggest treatment for hyper-pigmentation on feet and ankles
- Suggest best antiageing treatment to deal with aging
- Is negative STD test after 4 weeks of sexual encounter conclusive?