Suggest treatment for Becker's nevus

Dr. VINAY KUMAR

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Jan 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have backers Nevis on my left upper side of chest spread from front to back, it's a brown patch with different shades (dark and light) without hair.

I want to get it removed very desperately for personal reasons, I need to know if there is any treatment.
Answered by Dr. VINAY KUMAR 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Becker's Nevus responds to Laser therapy

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Welcome to the site with your query.
I am Dr V XXXXXXX Sr Dermatologist.

I have noted your concerns. I would help you find a solution to the problem

This problem is due to presence of excessive pigment in the affected area. In dermatological science, the best treatment option that is available for its removal and that too safely, is Laser treatment.

It is generally an office procedure and requires little prior preparation and insignificant rest afterwards.

Other treatments that were used in the past have now become obsolete and included topical medications and use of chemicals over the affected surface.

I hope this information will help you take a good decision.

Let me know if I can help further.

Best wishes always.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. VINAY KUMAR 47 minutes later
Thankyou Doctor.

I'd like to know how many sessions will it take, what is the duration between each session and what kind of results can I expect? Is it expensive?

As its on my left side of chest does laser have any effects on heart?

Answered by Dr. VINAY KUMAR 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Multiple sittings may be needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear

Good to receive your queries.

The number of sessions and the interval between them vary from case to case, being dependent on several factors like depth of pigmentation and area involved among such determinants.

In general, two to three sittings might be needed over a period of one to two months. However, the actual details can only be discussed by the attending doctor.

One can expect recovery in the range of 60-90%. Once again I would state that it depends on so many factors that exact magnitude cannot be predetermined. Cost varies with individual case and might start at INR 5,000 for a small patch.

Having the treatable area on left side of chest does not interfere with heart functions at any stage of life.

I will be happy to answer your further queries, should you feel like.

Best wishes, always!