Suggest the precautions to be taken for diabetes

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: hi I am XXXX here, I have recently 7month before dedected has diabetic and taking medicine daily can you pls let me know way precaution to be taken , and is that I should never eat sugar items
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Strict diet Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. A strict low carbohydrate and low fat diet with regular exercise would help to keep the diabetes at check. Well, there is no cure for diabetes but with above measures it can be controlled for years. Yes, you can eat sugar but at very restricted quantity and frequency. Regards,
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
wat should be done in case low or high sugar noticed , is ayurvedic medicine better that normal medicine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Hypoglycemia Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Hypoglycemia if the blood sugars drop to low, you will feel uneasy, dizzy, seating profusely, loose stools, loss of consciousness etc. This could be dangerous than high blood sugars. Hence, if you even feel slight dizzy then do immediately take a chocolate or eat a spoon or two sugar. This will correct the sugar levels immediately. Regards,
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
war should be done if high sugar
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Visit the hospital Detailed Answer: Hi, There is no home remedy for high sugar. You have to visit the hospital to prevent complications like acidosis. regards,