What causes chronic vomiting and heart palpitations after gastric stapling surgery?
Chronic vomiting affects heart function
I understand your concern and I am sorry about your condition. Chronic vomiting leads to dehydration and electrolyte depletion. Low blood volume and low levels of potassium, chloride and acidosis, caused by vomiting will eventually lead to impaired heart function such as hypotension, blood pressure changes and rhythm changes.
So yes, you are right is suspecting that the years of vomiting may have taken a toll on your heart function.
Good hydration with mineral water, healthy food rich in nutrients and small and frequent meals are the sensible thing to do. However, I recommend you see a cardiologist in order to get a further investigation and treatment in order to prevent any further damage and reduce the risk to your heart.
I hope this helps. You are welcome to ask any further questions you might have.
Wishing you good health and all the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes heart palpitations after balloon angioplasty
- Heart palpitations caused by gastritis
- Inflammation that causes heart palpitations
- Onion causing heart palpitations
- What can cause heart palpitations
- Heart palpitations cause coughing
- What causes heart palpitations symptoms
- What is the cause and treatment for heart palpitations
- Heart palpitations after knee surgery
- What causes minor heart palpitations