Suggest tests to diagnose vitamin deficiencies

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Hi,
I have a dry skin problem from my childhood. I went to a Skin Specialist. Doctor recommended me to undergo Vitamin D and Thyroid test. Reports showed me Vitamin D deficiency and for thyroid it was normal.
Here i need a suggestion from you. I want to under go all types of vitamin tests so that i willknow what and all deficiency i have. Can you please tell me what are the test need to undergo. Tell me a good diagnostic centre if possible. Need tests for iron, protien etc etc.
Answered by Dr. Divakara 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tests not required.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

See I don't think that's a good idea to get checked for all vitamins. Test has to be conducted when a doctor suspects some problem. So my personal recommendation is don't go for the test.

Still I will answer your query.

The tests for Vitamin deficiencies are :

1. Serum Vitamin B12
2. Serum Folate levels.
3. Serum Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate Levels.
4. Serum Vitamin A levels.
5. Blood Tranketolase Activity
6. Riboflavin Coefficient test.
7. Serum Vitamin A, E levels
8. Serum Ascorbic Acid Levels.
9. Iron Profile with Ferritin.
10. Liver function test.

I notice that you are from XXXXXXX . Kindly let me know your location so that I can advise the best and nearest Diagnostic lab for you.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarification feel free to ask.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 1 hour later
HI Dr. Divakara,

Thanks for your Information. I will definitely follow your valuable suggestion. Since from my childhood am getting mouth ulcer very often. Doctor told i might have IRON deficiency. So in this regard how will i know what and deficiency i have. Can you please tell me why it is not good idea to go with vitamin deficiency. really i am confused. Please help me......
Answered by Dr. Divakara 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing wrong in testing but unnecessary.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Thanks for the follow up.

There is nothing wrong in getting tested but what I meant was it is not necessary to get tested for every vitamin.

Yes mouth ulcers can happen due to Iron deficiency or vitamin B deficiency. So you can just get tested for Iron Profile and Serum Vitamin B12 as of now .

This is just my personal opinion and as said earlier there is no wrong in getting all vitamin levels checked.

You didn't informed me your location. However CLUMAX DIAGNOSTICS is good in XXXXXXX

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 4 minutes later
Thanks sir for the detailed answer. I stay in ACES layout, Kundanahalli, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Divakara 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are Welcome

Detailed Answer:
HI

There is a branch of Clumax Diagnostic at Marathalli, you can get tested there.

Hope my replies was useful to you.

If no further queries kindly close the discussion and rate my answer.
Dr. Divakara