Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Suggest suitable way to increase height

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1540 Questions
I wanna increase my weight bcz I am 24 yrs old but my weight is 48 kg.So pls tell me I can increase my weight.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Weight can be increased by increasing the calories in your diet and by taking clean, hygienic food and water. Thus avoiding recurrent infections is important. One more thing is important is to rule out any nutritional deficiencies like anemia, calcium deficiency, vitamin deficiency. Thus you should also go for blood tests done like hemogram, hemoglobin levels, serum calcium levels, serum folic acid levels, serum vitamin D levels, serum vitamin B12 levels along with other basic tests like fasting blood sugar, liver function tests, BUN, creatinine, electrolytes, etc. Now coming to description of high calories. High calories are found in milk products like cheese, butter, ghee, cream, ice cream, cakes, pastries, etc. You need to take 3 - 4 regular meals in a day along with 3 - 4 nutritional snacks. You also need to include fruits and vegetables in all meals. Nutritional supplements like Ensure, Protinex mixed in milk can also be taken along with snacks. This diet should help. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest suitable way to increase height 2 hours later
Thanks Dr.for your answer,I'll follow your intraction .
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi again Detailed Answer: Thanks for consulting me Take care Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor