Suggest simple exercises to keep stomach in shape

Dr. Ashwin Bhandari

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: what are the ways or simple exercises thru which we can keep stomach in shape.
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regular Abdominal exercises

Detailed Answer:

The best way to keep stomach in shape would be regular abdominal exercises along with diet restriction.

1. In case, if you are over weight, then you should plan to reduce your weight to get to appropriate BMI level.

2. Try to reduce your weight gradually. As drastic reduction can lead to metabolic syndromes like diabetes, gall bladder stones etc.

3. You can follow brisk walking. Start with 15 mins daily with a speed of 12 kms/per hour and gradually increase it to 60 mins per day.

4. You can join a gym or a health club where the instructors will guide you for abdominal exercises.

5. You can follow this link as they explain the exercises with pictures: http://www.realsimple.com/health/fitness-exercise/workouts/lower-abdominal-exercises-0000/page8.html
or
You can search for abdominal exercises for women on internet. There are many websites which can help you with.

6. Regarding diet restriction, you can contact a dietitian for a low calorie diet plan which will help in reducing weight.

Hope this answers your query. If any further questions, will be happy to help.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj