Suggest remedy for urinary retention
He says he is not in great pain but is uncomfortable and cant sleep because he feels he needs to urinate
probably benign prostatic hypertrophy
it sounds like benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH). A urinary tract infection has to be excluded first though. Checking with a urinalysis is the appropriate first step in investigation, followed by an ultrasound scan for the evaluation of both the prostate and the rest of the urinary tract (kidneys, ureters, bladder), since this symptom may occur in various other (less common) disorders.
Some blood tests would be helpful too. Urea and creatinine are important to evaluate renal function.
Other symptoms of BPH include:
- difficulty in initiating urination.
- difficuclty during urination (starting and stopping)
- weak urine stream
- frequent visits to the WC (less than 2 hours after previous urination)
- sensation of incomplete bladder evacuation after finishing urination
I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the natural remedy for urinary retention problem
- Colonoscopy urinary retention
- Dilaudid and urinary retention
- Robaxin and urinary retention
- Bethanechol for urinary retention
- Swelling in the entrance to vagina urinary retention suggestions
- Im pregnant and urinary retention
- Ovarian cyst urinary retention
- Urinary retention in newborn
- Bladder scan for urinary retention