Suggest remedy for throbbing sensation in jaw in an elderly person
Medical evaluation needed.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Lower jaw pain in most cases is caused by gum and dental problems ( teeth decay, dental abscess etc.), jaw muscles and salivary glands disorders.
Only in few cases, coronary heart disease may cause lower or under jaw pain.
In this case ( heart condition ) other symptoms coexist such chest pain, shortness of breath, sweating, nausea and dizziness.
In such case ( in other words if you experienced some of above mentioned symptoms ), you should discuss with your primary care Doctor about having done a complete cardiac work up.
A Dentist examination also is needed to expose the cause if it is of dental origin.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Most likely an isolated benign condition.
You mean like spasms right?
In this case it is most likely related to muscles or salivary glands spasms and usually these are isolated benign conditions.
If the symptoms repeat, consider consulting your primary care Doctor.
Hope this helps.
Not a stroke.
No, it is was not a stroke, probably it was an increase in blood pressure values, but still examination is needed to understand better the nature of your concerns.
Hope this was of help. Greetings.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is lasix advisable for an elderly person
- Signs that an elderly person is dying
- Bleed in urine in elderly person
- Bruising on stomach of elderly person
- Elderly person blood in stools
- Elderly person blood in urine
- Having hurting jaws doctor suggested grind teeth remedy
- Bump on the head of elderly person
- How an elderly person feels on morphine
- Swollen stomach elderly person