Suggest remedy for stomach upset and diarrhea

Question
Ive had upset stomach, not quite diarrehia, but soft stol.
This has occured several times (5) since May. I have seen my gp, he sent me to gastorogist
Who will be doing a colonoscopy Aug 18. Should I reqest a scope for EE. My grand daughter was dioagnosed with EE.
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
EE not required

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

Recent change in consistency of stool mostly seen in intestinal problems better to get colonoscopy test done as your doctors advice.
EE is not required in my opinion with your history. We usually order investigations based symptoms and probable diagnosis. based on your symptoms and physical examination findings we come to some conclusion and order tests to confirm that condition to start further treatment.

Hope i answered your query. Feel free to ask further related queries.

Wish you a good health.