Suggest remedy for skipped beats and Afib after cardiac ablation

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Sat, 17 Oct 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: after a cardiac ablation, i have gone into afib many times and now my heart is skipping beats. I am on sotolol. What is the matter????

I am out of breath and cant even work. I will await your answer by e-mail
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following answer to your query.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

What you are experiencing may be related to atrial fibrillation or other atrial arrhythmias, which is a common findings in patients which has done cardiac ablation.

However, if you were my patient I would recommend to do the following examinations to find out what is causing your symptoms:
- ecg
- holter monitoring
- hormone levels ( especially thyroid hormone levels ).

Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 23 hours later
thank you for your inhfo
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome!

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,
You are most welcome!
Dr. Shehu
P.s : if you are satisfied with my answer please close this query and rate it to maximum.