Suggest remedy for severe pain in hip area

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i have pain in my right hip area it really hurts when i lift my leg over to cross my leg or getting in and out of car have to lift my leg up when crissing my leg its bad or getting up from couch or turning on my right side
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
you may have arthritis in hip joint

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case and I think you may have arthritis of the hip joint. This is common in above 60 years and so you need to get your x ray of the hip joint.
if there is reduction in joint space and there is destruction of the bone then it will confirm that you may have hip arthritis.
other common causes can be bursitis.
Till you get your hip x rays I would suggest you to get hot water fomentation, tablet Brufen 400 mg daily.
I hope these steps will be helpful for you.Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
thanks