question-icon

Suggest remedy for severe pain in ankle post injury

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016
Question: I broke my ankle last year but with twib=n boys I did not krrp the air cast on long enough and now my ankle is killing me especialy when I walk down stairs. What f=do you thik is wrong and what should I do>
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Ankle sprain, orthopedic consultation required

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

There is always the chance of mal alignment or mal union with fractures and it needs to be clinically determined. Ligaments can be damaged in the process and their viability also needs to be determined.

X rays and/or MRI can be advised by your orthopedic doctor after clinically examining the ankle.

For the time being you can take ibuprofen and avoid putting stress on the injured ankle.

please consult your doctor before taking any further course of action

let me know if you have any query

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Dr M.S Khalil

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil