Suggest remedy for severe cough in a child
I have a child and his age is 4 years. and he has cough from past 20 days.
I gave XXXXXXX mox twice a day. But there is no difference. Than I maxtra for couple of days . Still no difference. From past 10 days I am giving him ginger juice with honey .Two table spoon. morning and night. Cough is in control. But can I continue giving this whenever he has cough.
Is it good for his health.
Yes you can
Thanks for writing to us.
Usually cold and cough is viral infection and may take a few days to get controlled.
Maxtra is antihistamine which will improve your child cold only.
It doesn't have cough control medicine.
Novamox is antibiotic which is to be given after prescription by your doctor.
The cough may have improved with ginger honey.
As long as it is pure and clean you can give it for cough.
But other medicines shouldn't be taken without doctors prescription.
Wishing your child speedy recovery
And good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe coughing
- What is the remedy for severe cough with gaging
- Suggest treatment for severe persistent cough
- Severe headache cold cough remedy
- Child cough remedy betnesol
- Home remedies to remove dry cough from chest severe coughing
- Child has cold and cough pls suggest remedy of it
- What treatment is suggested for severe cough
- What is the remedy for constant coughing in child
- Suggest home remedies for severe cough and cold in children