Suggest remedy for metallic taste in mouth and indigestion
Even though I have been done with the pills for 4 days, the indigestion persists - feels like if I could just have a large burp, I'd feel great - antacids help but only for an hour or less; the metallic taste has improved but is still noticeable all day; bowels are definitely better; nausea is better but still persists. Just wondering if there is something I can do to improve these symptoms. I hate feeling like this all day.
Drug induced diarrhea which should settle in 2..3 days
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
Thanks for writing.
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.
In my opinion you have GI upset with stomach issues, Stomach inflammation and irritation can cause pain and burning..vomiting, feeling of knot. Drugs can cause GIT upset resulting in diarrhea which is expected to grt better with time.
You need to do a few things..
Here is what i would advise you to do.
1) Avoid coffee,caffeine,, energy drinks, fizzy drinks , alcohol..cigarette(what ever is relevant).
2) OTC anti vomiting meds can be used i would advise my patients Motillium thrice a day.(only in case of vomiting)
3) Use high fibre diet like whole wheat and XXXXXXX products.
4) Fibre supplements can be used.
5) Drink loads of fluids.
6) Eat more fruits and vegetables less fat and red meat.
7)For stomach you can take Tums or Syrup Gavisvom to control acid.
8)Eat smaller multiple meals instead of big meal eating.
9)If this doesnt work in 2..3 days in that case i would recommend my similar patients to take PPI (omeprazole 40mg daily) and A prokinetic like motillium.
I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.
M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)
Everything should be fine as time passes by.
Thanks for writing back, and kind words.
You seem to be improving already , hopefully soon you will be all better as your body gets rid of the side effects of the medication.
Just stay calm and eat clean everything should be fine in 2-3 days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Migraine metallic taste in mouth
- What is the remedy for metallic taste in mouth
- Statins metallic taste in mouth
- Fishy and metallic taste in mouth
- Any suggestion for metallic taste in mouth and fever
- Metallic taste in mouth gallbladder
- Suggest natural treatment for metallic taste in mouth
- Metallic taste in mouth with psoriasis
- Raw metal taste in mouth
- Pneumonia metallic taste in mouth