Suggest remedy for high libido during ovulation

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Women Sexual Problems
Question: Hi, I'm going to ask you a really freaky question and it is extremely personal. For the last 4 years, I've had this problem. Some people would not consider it a problem but I do. It happens in middle of my cycle. I'm 51 and still regular. I had a partial hysterectomy. I wouldn't let my doc take my ovaries and send me into instant menopause. This was in 2012. I was bleeding too much.

So, here's the problem, in the middle my cycle where I would be ovulating for about a two or three day period, I have an incredible NEED for sexual release. Now, I have NEVER cheated on my husband, nor do I wish to. I love him. Unfortunately, he had prostate cancer and he hasn't retained sexual function as of yet, so I'm "forced" to take care of business. I find that if I ignore it, I feel this pressure as in stress build up, and after I take care of business, I'm relaxed and fine as if nothing's bothering me. I know it's oxytocin. I've had 8 children. I know all all that wonderful hormone.

Now, I find this a problem because of the nature of the problem, it is a physical need. I cannot explain it. I always feel "guilty" I guess, because I'm a Christian. Now, here's the part I don't get. During those three days, Okay, this hard to say, but, I get orgasm up into the teens, and if like I HAVE to release them. I know that sounds dumb. I'm not bipolar, but I am ADHD, I don't know if that has something to do with it. I use phytoestrogen cream so I can retain my ability to think. If I don't use the estrogen cream, plant based, then I'm at a loss for words all the time, and of course all the other peri-menopausal symptoms. Go ahead laugh, but it's not funny for me. I don't like it, but if I don't, well, I just can't explain it. I take Welbutrin with Adderal for my ADHD, so I suppose that could be a problem. But as I said, it's ONLY in the middle of my cycle. Every once in a blue moon, I don't have that ovulatory period, and I'm fine, I don't "HAVE" to. I don't have any weird fantasies, or attractions, like I said, it's physical, below, not above, well, unless the stress from ignoring the problem, then it's in my head.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following suggestions...

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

I have gone through your medical history and understood your concerns.

It is perfectly normal to feel the way you feel on those 3 days of your cycle. It is normal to get sexual physical needs. I am happy to hear that you do not want to cheat on him.

If you get those feelings and cannot have sexual intercourse with your husband on those days, then, masturbation is one solution apart keeping busy with your business.

You can discuss it further with a gynecologist for specific advise.

Hope it helped! Let me know if I can assist you further!
Dr.Albana