Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

149 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes hot flashes and chronic fatigue when diagnosed with fibromyalgia?

Answered by
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 3150 Questions

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello, I am a 51 year old female who had a partial hysterectomy in 2007. Two months after I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgial. For the past 5 weeks, I have been having hot flashes and chronic fatigue. I work full-time as a social worker, and after my 8 hour shift, I go home and crawl into bed, exhausted. Any recommendations?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tests may be necessary to be diagnosed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

In cases like yours, conditions that may be related to fatigue include anemia, low thyroid gland function, chronic fatigue syndrome, and fibromyalgia itself.

I think you should get an evaluation with the necessary blood tests in order to get a correct diagnosis.

Discuss with your Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Partial hysterectomy

doctor1 MD

My mother 80, was considered in good health post the recent death (9/39/2017) of my father Had vaginal bleeding day of memorial service Constipation Nausea and vomiting Signs of shock Now unexplained weight loss - is at home but now requires...

doctor1 MD

I had a partial hysterectomy (one ovary left) about 7 years ago, and a couple of weeks ago, my hot flashes has turned into sweating all day and night. I am constantly moist under my cloths. Is this normal? The reason for my hysterectomy was...

doctor1 MD

i went to my ob and told him that i was hurting and a smell only when i had intercourse been with my husband for 22 yrs never had that. last year had a partial hest. i also told him my bladder leaks he did a pap never heard back. so i went to my nuerologist cause ive had 2 back surgery thought could be my back again he did a mri called me back and told me i had a 4.5cm complex cyst on my left overie he told me was worried he didnt like the looks of it should i be worried?

doctor1 MD

I am 53 yrs old. I have had a partial hysterectomy at age 43. For the past couple years I have experienced chronic internal & external vaginal itching, soreness, burning and inflammation. My gynecologist has written all sorts of Rx s such as Temorvate, Clobetasol Propionate Oint. 0.05%, Terconazole Vaginal Crm 0.4%, Desoximetasone USP, 0.25%, etc. I have been to a 2nd gynecologist & she also does not seem to know what is going on. I had to be weaned off the steriod creams as my skin was getting so thin in that area. I am trying ph balanced body washes but they all seem to have some fragrance in them which I do not like using. I have been using fragrance free laundry soap and fragrance free body washes and bar soaps for years trying to relieve this problem. I am at my wits end and very frustrated and uncomfortable. Do you have any suggestions or thoughts as to what is going on???