What causes hot flashes and chronic fatigue when diagnosed with fibromyalgia?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello, I am a 51 year old female who had a partial hysterectomy in 2007. Two months after I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgial. For the past 5 weeks, I have been having hot flashes and chronic fatigue. I work full-time as a social worker, and after my 8 hour shift, I go home and crawl into bed, exhausted. Any recommendations?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tests may be necessary to be diagnosed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

In cases like yours, conditions that may be related to fatigue include anemia, low thyroid gland function, chronic fatigue syndrome, and fibromyalgia itself.

I think you should get an evaluation with the necessary blood tests in order to get a correct diagnosis.

Discuss with your Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D