Suggest remedy for headaches and muscle pain when on Levofloxicin antibiotics
possibly tension headache
I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.
The pain you are feeling in your head seems to be tension headache rather than related to levofloxacin use.
Viral infection might be a possible cause with headache as single symptom.
I advise to :
- continue taking ibuprofen to relieve headache
- increase water intake
- monitor your blood pressure
- have your meals regularly
If the pain is not improved after stopping levofloxacin, then it is not related to this drug.
You can discuss with your doctor to change therapy as your urethral infection should not be left untreated.
Hope it helped!
1) Does this tension heaches will be continous day night ? i feel heavy even when i get up in the morning
.2) Levofloxicin casuse any damage to head or nevers in head???? because many people complain in forums as levofloxicin cause headach.
3) Now please advise me did u get any such paitients who complaied abt headche aftrt using antibiotic ? and does it go away by self ?. sometimes my ear also pains. and as you advised i will follow the above.
Following answers to your queries
1. Tension headache can persist day and night. Oral pain killers, applying local analgesic cream/gel, massage and applying warm clothing on the back of head or neck can help.
2. It is true that in few cases, patients complain of muscular or joint pain after using levofloxacin. To determine that levo is the real cause, we should exclude other causes as mentioned earlier.
Plus, such complains will disappear after stopping levo, which in your case, had not stopped.
3. This is a rare complication and only 1 of my patient has reported as side effect.
Others had no problem.
Hope it answered to your queries!
Usually effects should be over by now
Yes, side effects will go once stop treatment with levo. If symptoms are still present, then other pathologies are to be excluded.
Continue following earlier advice for a few more days.
Wish fast recovery!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Headache runny noise and muscle pain
- Throat hurts muscle pain headache
- Muscle pain when deficating
- Suggest treatment for muscle pain
- Suggest medication for muscle pain
- Heartache headache muscles pains
- Muscle pain remedies
- Natural remedies for muscle pain
- Fatigue headache stomach and muscle pain
- Insect bite muscle pain headache