Suggest remedy for fungal infection in groin area
Fungal infection is treatable, no responsiveness can be due to resistance
Thanks for being at healthcare magic
I have gone through your complaints and can understand your concern.
Fungal infection in the groin is a treatable disease.
Non responsiveness to ketoconazole and ciclopirox olamine in your case can be due to resistance of the fungi to these medicines.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take oral antifungal like capsule Itraconazole 100 mg twice daily along with application of sertaconazole cream on the affected area twice daily for 2 weeks.
These are prescription medicines and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Besides this keep the area dry, wear loose cotton clothes, avoid sharing your soap and towel and stay in cool airy environment.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to clarify any further doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin
- Inner groin fungal infection
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin region
- Fungal infection on mans groin
- Chronic fungal infection groin
- Serious fungal infection of the groin
- Savlon and fungal infection in groin
- Treatment for fungal infection groin
- Fungal infection groin slime
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection between the groin folds