Suggest remedy for frequent bowel movements in a dementia patient
Stool softeners, Prune juice.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Bowel movement problems in people dealing with Alzheimer's are improved by use of stool softeners that help emptying more easily the bowel ( such dulcolax ) and regular use of Prune juice.
It is also important to educate the patient about the time needed for a bowel movement ( normal time for a bowel movement is 9 minutes ).
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent bowel movements with wind
- Frequent bowel movements with mucus
- Home remedies for frequent bowel movement
- Frequent bowel movements hangover
- Treatment for frequent bowel movements
- Sjogren's frequent bowel movement
- Frequent bowel movement reason and remedy
- Astroglide frequent bowel movements
- Frequent bowel movements
- Alcohol and frequent bowel movements