Suggest remedy for depression, tiredness and sleeplessness
depression coming back- zoloft will help
I think your depression is coming back again and after the episode of infection it increased in intensity ( which is seen in clinical cases commonly).
You have been on zoloft in past and were off that for past 6 months ( but you didnt tell if you stopped on your own or under guidance of doctor?
Zoloft is a good and safe medicine.
Another option can be thyroid problem but you have tested the antibodies- negative and six months back tsh was ok-- so, thyroid leading to all this is bleak possibility.
I think it is depression coming back again.
You may however get Vit B 12 and Vit d level done and treat them if found low.
If within 2-4 weeks of taking zoloft there is no improvement- see a neurologist please.
( he may ask for MRI brian).
So, for now it will be wise to start zoloft ( discuss this with your pervious treating team as well if you want to) and help yourself.
eat good and try to remain in company of friends and don't be alone.share your feelings with someone- it helps ..
Wish you speedy recovery!
Please ask more queries if there is any doubt.
Dr. Manisha Gopal
follow the lifestyle changes...good luck!
I can understand your pain and irritation of taking medicine again....its not a good feeling..but so is illness which spoils your mood all time without reason...it makes your life almost hell which should not be with anyone...everyone of us have a right to live happily ..and medicine help.
Although I strongly recommend you to take medicine without wasting precious time, still as you are reluctant, I will guide you with other lifestsyle changes to get out of the present state ( but these are just supportive and may not be completely helpful).
1. Try to get up in morning and go for brisk walk or jog or run..
2.take a good breakfast which has more of green vegetables and salad...also include sprouts in diet for thrice a week.
3.avoid tea/ coffee/ cold drinks..
4. Meet a councellor or psychiatrist for supportive sessions - they will help improving your cognitions and coping mechanism.
5. Continue with treating B12 deficiency as it does help a lot.
6.fix sleep timings and if you cant sleep at night, may take help for sedatives for few days.
7. A good night sleep is very essential for mood stabilisation.
8. Join a social organisation or self help group. Being a part of something good and big and helping others is a good way to help yourself- and this will go in a long run to keep you healthy.
9. Try to pursue a hobby.
10. Include nuts in your diet;espically walnuts - they are good fror brain.
There are few of the methods to help you come out of sad mood and improve stres coping!!
Please do try to catch up with at least a few of them.
Wish you good luck.
Dr. Manisha Gopal
i just wanted to ask if a 5htp supplement would help
yes, it may help..
Look, there are studies which say that the supplement helps... but dosent help much when taken alone or without proper drug.. ..its a supplement remember...
and if you are ready to take a drug/ medicine which is a supplement and spend money ...why not take a direct proper medicine which will surely make you well and also is cost effective and improve the overall quality of life.
Even 5htp will have to be taken daily or twice daiy for many months..
Zoloft too is a supplememnt in a way- it supplements the chemical which is deficinet..
You may try 5htp..there is no harm, but just try and understand what I want to convey..
Wish you good health and speedy recovery.
Dr. Manisha Gopal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Thigh calf muscle cramps sleeplessness tiredness taken cymbalta lorazepam suggestions
- Brsuffering from restless body syndrome depression sleeplessness suicidal tendency suggestions
- What is causing depression sleeplessness and weakness
- Tension headache boring sleeplessness depression
- Sleeplessness due to tiredness will it stunt growth medications
- Tiredness headache taking depression medication any suggestions
- High bp tiredness sleeplessness what seems wrong
- Body ache headache and fatigue sleeplessness with depression causes
- Feeling tired sleeplessness dizziness urinary discomfort and depression remedy
- Extreme tiredness and depression