Suggest remedy for burning sensation around the neck
need some details to guide you better
My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes for your complaint. I would be in a better position to guide you if you answer following questions please:
1. since when are you having this problem?
2. did it start after taking some particular food or after going to bed or always in warm weather?
3. are you allergic to some food?
4. did such problem occur in past?
5. do you have diabetes, hypertension or any other illness?
6. are you on any medication?
7. is there appearance of rash or swelling as well?
8. is anyone else in the family also having similar complaint?
9. if at the moment problem is occuring then can you share a close clear image of that area?
I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
Most probably allergic
thank you for getting back with the answers. Your features are suggesting recurrent allergic response. If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following things:
- cetirizine one at night for 5 days.
- Montelukast one daily for one month. Research has shown that it decreases the allergic symptoms considerably.
I would also suggest you to undergo allergy testing at allergy clinic as you have chronic allergy problem. The results will help an allergist to prescribe you immunotherapy to that specific allergen and it will improve the problem.
Hopefully you will see improvement in 2-3 days BUT if problem remains same or aggravates then you need to visit hospital.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Burning sensation from neck to arms
- Thyroid burning sensation in neck
- Sensitive back of neck burning sensation
- Burning sensation on side of neck
- Burning sensation in vein in neck
- What is the burning sensation in the back and neck
- Thyroid causes burning sensation on neck
- Burning sensation in neck and back
- Burning sensation in upper back neck
- Burning sensation in neck glands