Suggest remedy for blood clot at the site of injection on arm
several possibilities can be there..
Hello XXXXX, Welcome to HCM..
I've gone through your query and understand your concern.
Well it can be due to several reasons , I'm listing them below , go through them and let me know if there's any doubts-
1. The first and foremost reason in this case is any collapsed vein, if trying to further draw blood from there, there will be no or almost negligible amount of blood, so while no blood will be drawn , the nurse will keep on trying for even longer duration, resulting in formation of clot formation at the tip of the needle.
2. Secondly , if the needle is in drawn to a small fragile vein , then most of the time it tends to puncture through and through, and get inserted into some other surrounding structure and due to trauma there's surrounding tissue bleed which again causes blood clot at the tip of the needle.
3. Thirdly , if a person is prone for any kind of hypercoagulable state(you can google them to get the full list), then any needle puncture for more then a certain period of time can cause formation of blood clot and causes no flow in the syringe and clot at tip of the needle.
4. Fourthly (the most unfortunate one), is due to any mechanical defect in the needle it self which doesn't allow the blood to come in side resulting in blood-clot formation at the tip of the needle..
There are few more causes also, however i've mentioned the most important ones ,hope you'll find your answer there..
If you feel like, can you please let me know what actually made you to go to the ER in the first place ?
Feel free to discuss....
let me know if I can clarify any of your doubts which will be helpful..
Welcome back to HCM,
I'm really sorry to hear the trouble and ailments you're been dealing with for such a long period of time..
So what's the progress for the past 3 years ?
Any diagnosis made yet ?
Have you seen any specialists yet?
If you feel like you can share your investigations , which were done so far (most relevant one's) latest one's , you can simply find the upload column where you can upload them for me to have a look at them along with the treatment that is going on at present..
You're a brave lady whose fighting for so long , so have faith..
Let me know if I can be of any help .. I'll be glad to clarify your doubts ..
Thyroxine supplementation will go for life long ....
Welcome Back to HCM,
Appreciate the details, also congratulations for having such a beautiful son, previously I called you brave lady but now I should call you a Proud mother..
Yes so I guess thyroid storm was readily managed at that time .
At the very beginning , I should tell you that chronic fatigue syndrome is a diagnosis of exclusion(when nothing else's found) , so that is really rare.
So was everything ruled out ?? Or something's still left ??
But tell me in specific what all are done for this so far ..
I know it'll take time to gather every bit bit of details..
Take your time, try to find out the most relevant ones(the most latest one's to start with) . Then find out when was the Last CAT Scan/MRI of the lungs and thorax was done , no need to upload every film , but you can simply share the printed report to let me assess what is going on..
Then try to find out the latest blood reports to start with CBC,Peripheral Blood Smear, LFT , KFT, Urine R.M, as well as Chest X-ray , Cardiac evaluation (EKG as well as the latest 2D - Echo), any other tests of any organ systems which you may think as insignificant , might not be so medically speaking..
Any special tests like EMG , NCV , CAT Scan of any other organ system ??
Yes so if they are focusing in the Right Lung Mid Lobe nodules , so definitely X-ray won't suffice , so what all has been done so far for that ?
Any FNAC ? Any PET Scan ? Any Bone Marrow test ?
Also do let me know your occupation history before all these started ..
Any kind of any substance abuse in the past ? (if yes then what to be specific ?)
Ever visited any tropical places (Africa , Latin XXXXXXX , Asia) ? (if yes , when ?)
Any Genetical disease in the family ??
All these informations are highly important to narrow down what we are dealing with here , so take your time , think and answer..
Awaiting for your response ..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Small rash on arm at injection site
- Blood clot in arm vein
- Suggest treatment for numbness at injection site on the arm
- Blood clot in arm symptoms
- Blood clot in arm pit
- Blood clot pain in arm
- Upper arm blood clot
- Blood clots in right arm
- Superficial blood clot in arm
- Subcutaneous injection site in arm