Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Took two Cocaine injection and injection site is feeling weird. Collapsed vein?

hello i have been shooting cocaine into my arms. have not done it for about six months and today i choose to pick up the habit. i shot twice in my lest arm and three times in the right, my left arm at the injection site if feeling weird. Not sure what a collapsed vein feels like but it does not hurt at the moment, probably from the numbness. I would like to know what are the symptoms of a collapsed vein and could that happen with only two injections? thanks
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Hello seanhenry941
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You injected cocaine in vein two times and it appeared collapse and you have numbness in arm. Yes even with single wrong injection it can happen. You have probably developed thrombophlebitis in vein and it caused collapse of vein and rigid vein. Due to chronic intravenous drug abuse it can occur. Cocaine is a drug of abuse, you should try to cut down this habit. Various treatment programs are there to treat cocaine addiction.
For your vein you can apply ice on affected part.
Secondly apply Thrombophobe cream on vein which will help to delay inflammation.
Don't try to inject in same vein again.

Thanks Take Care

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi
Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor