Suggest remedy for acidity and stomach related problems

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: I have been having stomach related problems for couple of weeks now. I find whatever I eat takes a lot of time to digest, doesnt digest well, generates palpable acidity; I end up having a bloated feeling; a lot of gas trouble which is not normal. I have also noticed that lately there is an abnormal amount of white frothy mucus accumulated after excretion, in the toilet commode.

There is no bleeding, no constipation; and though on occasion (once in may be couple of days) bowel movement is loose, I don't know if that's diarrhea.

A GP (on this site itself) suggested me to consult a gastroenterologist, hence this query.

Kindly advise and suggest some medication. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and i am pleased to assist you.

I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion.

1. Since when are you having these symptoms?
2. Stool tests done?
3. Are you a diabetic?
4. You have thyroid issues?
5. On any medications?

Kindly get back to me with these information and I would give my opinion.
Dr.R.K
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 53 minutes later
I think since about 2 weeks. I initially ignored it since it's not too troublesome. But decided to approach a doctor today since yesterday I had a lot of gas trouble and bloating after lunch and dinner.

2. Stool tests done?
No. Should I? If yes, then anything in particular I should ask the clinic to look for?

3. Are you a diabetic?
Nope.

4. You have thyroid issues?
Nope.

5. On any medications?
Nope.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Answer given below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the additional information.

You probably have a stomach bug. The increased mucus is stool could indicate you probably have infectious colitis.

A stool routine examination may be done.
You may require a course of antibiotics/antiprotozoal medications. Probiotic supplements would hasten recovery. You can also take yogurt.

Drink enough fluids to remain well hydrated.

I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.R.K.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj