Suggest remedy for accidental ingestion of Lisinopril double the prescribed dose

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I accidentally took my blood pressure twice today 2.5 lisinopril how serious is this.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
That is a low dose - you should be ok.

Detailed Answer:
It's very frustrating when that happens - taking an extra pill or forgetting whether you took one!

Lisinopril 2.5 mg is the lowest dose of that medication, and taking 5 mg of it one time should not cause harm.

Your blood pressure may be on the low side for the next day, so make adjustments accordingly, such as not getting up from sitting too fast. You may also be a little more tired. But in general you should be fine.

If you are having any other symptoms as a result, do call your doc or his/her call group and let them know.

If you don't already use one, you might want to get a 7 day pill planner so that you can tell if you took your pill today. These can be very handy.

So no worries.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.
Follow up: Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 2 hours later
I had foot surgery today , with the blood pressure can I still take pain medication narco 10/325. Two every four hrs.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Opiates like Norco can make BP go down, but pain can make it go up.

Detailed Answer:
Usually narcotics/opiates lower the blood pressure . But pain can make blood pressure increase. So it is hard to know, given you just had surgery today. If you are not feeling overly light headed it is probably safe to take the Norco 10/325. The Lisinopril double dose is still small. But be careful when getting up from a lying down position, or standing after you've been sitting for awhile. Take it slowly.