question-icon

What Causes Pain In The Foot While On Meloxicam After A Foot Surgery?

Posted on Thu, 16 Nov 2017
Question: yes I HAD FOOT SURGERY TODAY THE DOC GAVE ME HYDROCODONE BITARTRATE 325 MG
I DID NOT WANT TO TAKE A PILL THAT HAS AN OPIOD SO I TOOK MY PILL FOR RA ABOUT AN HOUR AGO THE PAIN IS STILL VERY BAD COULD I TAKE HALF OF THE PILL THE DOCTOR GAVE ME SAFELY MY RA PILL IS MELOXICAM 7.5 THANK YOU
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (31 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You can have half the pill.

Detailed Answer:
The pain after a surgery is often severe and needs an opioid to control it. In addition to meloxicam you can have half or full pill of hydrocodone as per your need. Taking the pill for a few days will not cause any long term side effects or a withdrawal.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon