Suggest remedies for vitamin D3 deficiency
My vitamin D is very low, my doctor had suggested vitamin D supplement, she prescribed me "Maxical-High 7.25g" once a day. But it also have "Calcium", which came normal in my medical test. As I heard news about side effects of excessive calcium after that I have stopped taking that prescribed supplement.
So, kindly let me know that can I continue with that supplement or if not then kindly suggest me some other medicine.
Below are the level of my Calcium and Vitamin D:
CALCIUM PHOTOMETRY 9.37 mg/dl
25-OH VITAMIN D (TOTAL) C.L.I.A 8.79 ng/ml
Vitamin D deficency needs to be corrected.
Welcome to health care magic,
As you said your all the health checkup reports are good except vitamin D deficiency for which I will certainly guide you.
Rest of all other reports are clinically normal,even though some of them are marginally deviated from the given normal reference range.
You can take vitamin D3 cholecalciferol (brand name: Uprise D3) in sachets forms 60,000 IU once weekly which will be available over the counter.
Maxical-High contains both calcium and vitamin D3 supplements from which you do NOT require calcium supplements since the calcium level (9.37) is completely normal in your case.So you can stop taking it.
However,side effects from excess calcium (from oral supplements especially) is very very rare,so no need to worry about it.
The major cause of vitamin D deficiency is lack of proper sun exposure or person remains covered throughout the day.
Apart from medical treatment, you should have adequate sun light exposure preferably in morning hours around 8 AM for minimum 10 to 15 minutes daily.
You should continue the vitamin D3 supplements for 3 months initially with adequate sunlight exposure which will replenish it's store.
Hope this will help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vitamin d3 deficiency cause of esophageal spasms
- Causes of vitamin d3 deficiency
- Symptoms of vitamin d3 deficiency esophageal spasms
- Vitamin d3 deficiency symptoms
- Vitamin d3 deficiency and esophageal spasms
- Vitamin d3 deficiency tinea versicolor
- Vitamin d3 deficiency calcirol
- Vitamin d3 and sinusitis
- Vitamin d3 deficiency
- Vitamin d3 bleeding
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?