Suggest remedies for viral infection on foot

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: my wife has developed some kind of infection in her ankle area. picture attached. it has become painful. please let me know what would be the treatment.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Answer few questions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I am Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, a dermatologist.
I have reviewed the attached photograph and need to ask you few questions.
What is the duration of this rash?
Is it painful from the beginning?
Is the rash associated with any itching?
Is it present on one foot only?
Kindly revert back with the answers.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 21 minutes later
it has been there for almost six months now. but it UAW become painful recently. no itching involved. its present on one foot only.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks like plantar warts

Detailed Answer:
These are looking like warts which is a viral infection of the foot.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to consult a dermatologist and get them removed by electrocautery or radiofreqency ablation.
It is a minor office procedure which will take around 20-30 minutes.
If you want to avoid any procedure then I would recommend her to apply a lotion containing combination of salicylic acid 16.7 percent and lactic acid 16.7 percent on the affected areas twice daily for 2-3 weeks.
This will help in resolving the wart.
Meanwhile she can take some pain killers like tablet diclofenac 50 mg whenever she feels excessive pain.