Suggest remedies for swelling in the jaws and gums

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Dental Health
Question: I have Hard swelling in my gums and pain in the jaw. The swelling I hard and fixed but no bleeding in the gums and no toothache. I have pain in the lower me below the swelling
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please provide some details..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

As per your complain hard swelling in the gums with jawpain can be due to a number of causes..

Please provide following details so that I can guide you better..

1. What is the exact location of the swelling, is it in upper or lower gum, in front or back area ?
2. Is the swelling bony hard or can it be compressed ?
3. Do you have any decayed tooth in the area where you have swelling ?
4. Since how long is the swelling present ?
5. Is there swelling over the cheek also present along with gums ?

If possible, please upload an image of the swelling for better understanding..

Please revert back with these answers..
Awaiting....
Regards..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 35 minutes later
Swelling is in lower gum below the three back teeth. The swelling is hard, like a cyst. I have no pain on the cyst area but have pain in the jaw and cheek area just below the swelling.

The swelling is hard. Can't be compressed.

No decay. Swelling started abt 5 days ago. No swelling on surrounding gum area.
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be a periapical cyst or a mandibular XXXXXXX .

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the answers..

Well, it looks like either a periapical cyst or a bony overgrowth like mandibular Tori/ torus..

But for confirmation an x ray of the area is a must..

Consult an Oral Physician and get an x-ray done to rule out what exactly the swelling is..

Treatment can be done accordingly..

Hope this helps..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D