question-icon

Suggest remedies for severe cough

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016
Question: i have had a severe cough for the last week, it has gotten to were it wakes me in the early morning hours, when I cough I feel like I want to cough up my lung. I have cough so much my chest ribs and my back is so sore
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Get done chest x ray and PFT.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
You are not improving with routine cough medicines.
So we should rule out lung infection and bronchitis in your case because both these can cause similar symptoms.
So get done chest x ray to rule out lung infection.
Get done PFT to rule out bronchitis.
You may need antibiotic and inhaled bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) on the basis of diagnosis.
Please let me know
1. Do you have fever?
2. Do you smoke?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist