Suggest remedies for nose bleeds
Management of nose bleed
Thank you for trusting HCM
Most nasal bleeds are due to dry nasal bucosa.
Here are few measures to try to stop the bleeding
-Sit upright and slightly tilt your head forward. This will prevent swallowing of blood.
-Pinch the soft or cartilaginous part on tip of the nose together. If available you can use nasal spray containing pseudoephedrine which constricts blood vessel and stops bleeding.
-While pinching your nose apply ice on top of your nose and cheeks
-Keep the nose pinched for 10 minutes. After that, you can release the nose to see if bleeding has stopped. If not, continue pinching the nose and applying ice for another 10 minutes.
Most nasal bleeds will stop within 10-20 minutes. If so, rest afterward, do not strain, use saline nasal spray and humidifier to keep the nasal mucosa moisturized.
If bleeding does not stop in 20 minutes follow up with the emergency room. You may need nasal packing and evaluation for underlying cause for nasal bleed like hypertension, bleeding disorders etc.
Hope this answers your questions
Please address further questions here
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest me a remedy for blocked nose
- I am suffering from gums bleeding please suggest remedy
- An infant having blocked nose please suggest the remedies
- Suggest medication for bleeding of nose and migraine
- Suggest medicine for nose bleeding in children
- What is the suggestion for arrhythmia palpitation and nose bleeding
- Remedy for bleeding nose while taking lisinopril and htz
- Suggest medication for depression with nose bleed
- What is the remedy for a bleeding nose with fibrosis
- Tylenol drops for runny nose please suggest remedy