Is Cefdinir effective at treating cough and sinus in a heart patient?

Question
I am a heart patient, and my cardiologist did not prescribe this antibotic for me, and I didnt get it at regular drugstore, cause I was 50 miles away, I am on Entresto, and several other heart pills, is it ok for me to take the Cefdnir 300 capsule/ I have a very bad cough and spitting up lots of stuff, maybe sinus and Im weak from so much coughing answer to

Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cefdinir is ok with Entresto

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

I checked on Lexicomp and it is safe to take Cefdinir and Entresto. No adverse interactions were identified.

I see that you wrote that you are taking Tylenol Cold, and I put into the list of medications I checked "Tylenol Cold/Flu Severe". I don't know if that is the Tylenol Cold preparation you are taking or if it is something else - there are a number of different formulations. I mention this because some of these cold medicines contain pseudoephedrine which your cardiologist may not want you to take if you have problems with high blood pressure. Just something to consider. What you are taking may not contain pseudo ephedrine in which case it is not an issue.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.