Suggest remedies for hidradenitis suppurativa in armpit

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I suffer from Hydradenitissuperativa in armpit. I have visited Dermatologist earlier and this has recurred after 6 months again. As adviced by the doctor last time, i have started taking anti-biotics as soon as the lump was formed and started experiencing pain. I have taken Restacycline 250mg 3 times a day for 4 days and missed two doses of the last day. The pain and the inflammation has come down, however, it has not drained or lump not completely gone. It is slightly bulgy and does not seem to be in a state to drain the pus. I do experience slight pain while moving my hands. I would like to know if i can continue with Levoday 500mg once every noon for 5 days to bring down this to normalcy.
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotics with steroidal cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com.
I have read your query. I understand your concern.

Hidaderentis suppurativa has a very high tendency of relapse and recurrences. You have already taken Restacycline with missed course. Such things lead to development of resistance against particular antibiotic. I would advise you to avoid taking improper course of antibiotics in future.
Levoday doesn't have very good antibacterial coverage for skin. Rather I prefer to advise azithromycin or Amoxicilin cloxacillin combination in my such patients.In severe or non reresponding cases, consideration is given to start oral retinoids like Isotretinoin after ruling out all the contraindications.

You may apply combination of fucidin with hydrocortisone over the affected area.
For pain, diclofenac with serratopeptidase really helps. Avoid popping out pus of your own.
You should visit your doctor so that he can do clinical examination and give you prescription.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Charu Bansal 32 minutes later
Thank you Doctor
Do you prescribe any specific tablet and dosage that I can take now.
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cap augmentin or megapen

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Welcome back. The dose depends on the body weight of the patient. Usually I prescribe cap Augmentin 625 mg or Megapen 500 mg in an adult person to be taken twice daily. These are prescription drugs with dose depending on the body weight. You can take the medications under your doctor's supervision.