Suggest remedies for dark skin pigmentation on the face

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in General Health
Question: I have dark skin around mouth. whatever I do it don't go. what is permanent solution? also my facial skin is darker than my body skin and uneven. give me correct solution which will really work. I met many skin doctors but only cured during the treatment and returned back after stopping the medicines and treatment. please help me.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chemical peels advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear thanks for writing to us
It is common to have darker skin of face since it suffers sun exposure most of the time
Avoid sun as much as possible and apply sunscreen every 4 hours in say time
You can have regular chemical peels and see if it helps
In case it still persists then take a food allergy test to be better control of situation
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 44 hours later
Thanks for your prompt reply. Earlier I have undergone chemical peels it was not of much help. the problem seemed went away but after some days returned back. After that I was using whitening tablets like glutathione and glutone, vit c tabs etc. during usage of whitening tabs i saw good results with clear skin and glowing skin with good complexion and all darkness around mouth was gone. but if I stop taking them the darkness and marks on skin will return back. as whitening tablets are expensive I cannot use them always. so I want permanent solution now.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chemical peels is the only long term effect available

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concerns and I know it returns back and need regular peels
And frankly regular peels yearly is the most permanent solution you can avail.
Apart from that beaching will be a good back up.
These are inherent nature of skin and thus need regular cycles of peels definitely
And in general always apply sunscreen before going out of house always
Take Care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng