Does Glutathione help in lightening the skin tone?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Fri, 6 Oct 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, is it true that taking glutathione caps daily lightened your skin? Ive inown people that take it daily &theyve beautiful/clear and theyve now have flawless light skin

Sincrely,
x
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it is

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Reports have proved that glutathione plays an important role in the appearance of skin complexion...

Glutathione prevents melanin production leading to lighter skin and also acts as an anti oxidant which in turn compete with free radicles and prevent their harmful effects...

The daily recommended dose will be 1000-2000 mg daily in two divided doses but effect shall take from few weeks to few months to be noticed. I hope I answered your question...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee