Suggest remedies for crease in left ear

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 10 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have a crease in my left ear which I know is an indication of heart problems; however, my ear lobe is red and I don't know what to do for it. I just moved to this area and I haven't found a physician yet. I was hoping someone could help me.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I'm waiting for the requested image.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query very carefully.

Before giving you an adequate suggestion I would like to have a picture of the ear. This will help me to give a more accurate answer and treatment.

Can you please send me a photo of your ear?

I'm waiting for the requested image!
Dr. Shehu
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Unfortunately, I don't have that ability to do that with my computer its a chrome laptop. I can probably email it from my phone if that would help. I just need to know where to send it.

I forgot to add that I am diabetic but very careful of my diet and insulin injections. Also I just completed a series of 5 injections of halaglyn for my knees.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

You may upload the photo to me by email.

From what you are reporting your sign and symptoms seems to be related to skin (ear skin) infection and mycosis.

Meanwhile, If you were my patient I would recommend as follows:
- Do skin culture for mycosis
- Use canesten cream

I'm waiting for the photo to be uploaded!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 6 hours later
perhaps that's the problem, I wear hearing aids and I took left one our and it seems the redness is disappearing. I will get someone to take the picture in the am and send it,

Thank you for your help.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 34 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following advice.

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

I'm waiting for the pictures to be uploaded. Meantime, you should try canesten cream.

Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 33 minutes later
I sent the picture yesterday, It wasn't very clear but it was the best I could do with my phone
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Unfortunately It's not very clear. From what I see it's ear skin damage from earphone contact.

My advice are as follow:
- keep your ear skin clean and dry
- avoid using earphones for 2-4 weeks
- use canesten cream two- three times a day locally

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu