Suggest medicines for sinus infection post delivery

Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I went through cesarean exactly two months ago. I was induced sinus in the month of 7, the last trimister and suffered continously. I was diagnosied with anxiety post delivery and am under medication. But since the time I was diagnised with sinus, I am suffering throat infection. I am feeling well now except the throat infection. I am afraid how and what medicines can get rid of this long lasting throat infection as this alone is making me suffer at this moment.
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would like to investigate you by throat swab.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
I have read your query .
If I were your treating doctor, I would advice you Plenty of fluids , antiseptic mouthwash ( like triguard ) thrice daily , Antibiotic azithromycin & Vitamin C .
Use warm water gargle 20 min after Alerflow Nasal Spray , Stop using Otrivion Nasal spray if using.Continue allerga M .
I would also like to investigate you by taking throat swab to know the organism responsible & sensitivity to antibiotic .
If you don’t get relief , ENT examination & investigation become essential.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Thanks .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj