Suggest medicines for ADHD

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Question: I am on 20mg of Lexapro---I am not depressed but I do have ADHD. I need to stop the Lexapro and find an ADHD medication. especially that allows my penis to get back to normal. I want my erection back
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its can be tappered down

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Now that you are on 20mg , you may get down to 10mg for a week and then to 5 mg for three days and then stoo at 5 mg.
For ADHD the good mdicines are methylphenidate and bupropion. The bes lart with bupropion is that it acts for adhd as well as for depression with no sexual side effect. Actually depression and mild adhd have any things in common. Hence i would advice you that go by your treating doctors advice and bupropion should be a good drug for you.

Lexapro is a mild antidepressant when it comes to tappering down.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist