Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Suggest medicine for high blood sugar problem?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
i have high blood sugar problem.... and fasting reading is above 200. pl suggest me medicine.
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Metformin Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX XXXXXXX I am sorry about your high blood sugar level and the fasting reading of above 200. I usually start my patients with newly diagnosed Diabetes with Tablet Metformin 500 mg twice daily, along with lifestyle changes like exercise and healthy diet. This is a prescription drug. Today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs. You may want to get the same medicine prescribed by your family physician as well. Hope this helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest medicine for high blood sugar problem? 3 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, low carb diet is required Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes, diet changes in the form of low carbohydrate is required for you. Avoid direct sugars, sweets, roots such as beet root, high starch food like rice and potato. Take more of proteins in the form of wheat chapathi, oats, and corn flakes. wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest medicine for high blood sugar problem? 11 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: not required at this moment Detailed Answer: Hello, At this moment, you do not require other medicines. Follow a healthy diet and exercise regimen, along with the anti-diabetic drug. You will be fine. take care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor