Suggest medicine and dosage for deworming process

Dr. Samir Patil

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 15 Dec 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: i have not done deworming for myself in the last 20 yrs. I've heard others telling that ideally you should do deworming for adults atleast once in a year. could you pls suggest the medicine and dosage for the same and the frequency to be taken.
Answered by Dr. Samir Patil 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Albendezole

Detailed Answer:
De worming is not routinely recommended to school children and women in childbearing years. I is not routinely recommended in adults. Hoever if you have contact with soil or have anemia or abdominal symptoms you can take a medicine for deworming
I Prescribe Albendazole to my patients. I advise my patients to take 400 mg as a single dose and to repeat after a month.
I would advise you to visit your doctor and get a prescription for the same and confirm the correct dose and frequency.
Dr Samir Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju